Thursday, November 15, 2012

HTC Droid DNA will be the first Verizon Android preloaded with Amazon app suite, more to follow

Look I am going to look at all the reviews for the Droid DNA. Here is a preliminary review on xda-developers.com.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1989698

They are saying the battery life is not that bad because the 1080p S-LCD 3 is VERY frugal. Over a day on a single charge with 1 hour & 30 minutes of screen on time & at 42% battery seems alright with me.

Also I have checked my Samsung Galaxy Nexus & I have about 3GB of apps on my phone. The only thing I am going to have to do is manage my pictures & videos I take. That will suck but that means that I will be connecting the phone to the computer more often than I am used too thanks to the weak 16GB of memory.

Also on the review from xda-developers.com they say the phone is going to be S-OFF meaning that all I need to do is unlock the bootloader & presto I am rooted & ready for PURE AOSP ROMs without the HTC boatware which should free up 1 to 2 more GBs of memory.

This phone is not as bad as I stated before, I am going to wait for all the reviews to see if the battery life indeed is respectable, if not the Galaxy Note II will be mine.

Plus if I get the HTC Droid DNA now & wait for say a ARM A-15 quad-core Exynos 5 @ 2.0GHz rocking the Mali T604 GPU with a 5.5" 1080p RGB Super AMOLED HD screen with 3GB of RAM on the NEW Samsung Galaxy Note III. Yeah now that is what the Note III will be like.

Again I am going to play this out very carefully but so far the HTC Droid DNA is going to get a fair shot from me. Let's see if it actually pans out. I am going to give the HTC Droid DNA the benefit of doubt.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment